How Do Casino Bonuses Work?
The recent boom in online gambling has witnessed scores of virtual casinos popping up all over the internet, providing punters endless options for spinning the wheel or placing a bet. With so much choice currently available, online gambling sites need to step up to the plate with all guns blazing, setting their brand apart from competitors, and ensuring plenty of traffic flows their way. One of the best means of achieving such success is by offering welcome packages and bonuses, that are too irresistible to refuse.
But what exactly are casino bonuses and how do they work? Whether you are new to the whole online gambling world or a seasoned punter, the following article will answer all your questions, arming you with all the information you need, to get the most out of your gambling experience.
Any online casino adept with experience and knowledge will broadcast their bonus on their homepage, which should instantly draw the visitor’s attention. The welcome bonus takes the form of an introductory package for new customers, which grants certain rewards for registering with their site, and making a deposit. This initial offer comes in various varieties, from percentage matches to free spins, and always comes with strict rules and requirements. While it may look like the casino is giving away free money, with which you can embark on your gambling adventure, the reality is much more complicated.
Types of Bonus
First of all, let’s take a look at some of the online gambling world’s most popular bonus offers.
- Match Bonus: Most modern casinos offer new clients a match bonus, which matches your initial deposit with a certain percentage up to a maximum amount. For example, if a site promises a 200% match on your first deposit, and you sign up with £50, you will have £100 bonus money to play with. Many casinos also spread match bonuses across numerous deposits
- No Deposit Bonus: As this name suggests, this offer awards new players bonus money or free spins, just for signing up, without having to hand over a penny. This makes perfect sense for inexperienced punters looking to get a feel of how online gambling works, without having to make an investment
- Free Money Bonus: Casinos offering free money present customers with a particular amount, irrespective of their first deposit. For example, a bonus of £50, on initial deposits of at least £20
- Ongoing Bonuses and Special Promotions: Aside from the introductory package, casinos also offer clients regular promotions to keep them coming back for more. The scope and variety of such rewards differ remarkably, from luxury holidays to cash jackpots, so it’s a good idea to check a casino’s promotions page before signing up
Rules and Requirements
This is undoubtedly the most confusing part of casino bonuses, as all offers come with fine print, and it is essential to familiarise yourself with all the details to avoid disappointment. Here are just a few issues to keep in mind when considering a casino bonus:
- Expiry Dates: Most offers fall under a time requirement, after which the bonus expires and any bonus money will be lost
- Selected Games: Generally speaking, casinos only allow bonus money to be used on a select number of games, and introductory packages are almost always dedicated to slots. Fans of table or card games should do some research to find bonuses out there that can cater to their needs
- Wagering Requirements: The playthrough or wagering requirement is perhaps the most important aspect of the bonus, that players need to understand before making a commitment. The premise is relatively simple, you have to bet your deposit, bonus, or combined deposit and bonus, many times before your bonus becomes cashable. Online casinos usually set their wagering requirements between 20 and 50 times the stake, so it is absolutely critical that you are aware of the conditions beforehand, to ensure an enjoyable and stress-free gambling experience